Graduate Software Engineer
To support the creative design evolution of cutting-edge software solutions with a company that has a passion for delivery excellence. This role provides an excellent opportunity to challenge the conventional in pursuit of our Customer and business goals.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). L-3 ASA is committed to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Identification and promotion of Best Practice
- Champion creative, analytical thinking
- The Design, Implementation and Testing of creative software solutions
- Production of reliable, robust, intuitive, maintainable software components
- Contributing proactively to the team, in order to achieve the agreed objectives
- Working with Engineers, Management and Quality Assurance to ensure product excellence
- Demonstrate Ethical behaviours and practices
2:1 or higher General Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Electronic Engineering or equivalent, from a top 100 university.
No working experience required
Demonstrable skills in one or more of the following:
- UNIX /Linux or Windows
- HTML, PHP, C, C++, C#, Objective C, Java
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design (preferably UML)
One or more of the following:
- Experience of real-time design or development
- Acquaintance with OO Case Tools
- Use of Structured Design Methods
- Awareness of Data and Voice Networks
- Cloud Technologies (Software as a Service, Platform as a Service)
- Exposure to mathematical modelling or algorithm development
- Service Oriented Architectures
An appreciation of the following:
- Requirements Capture and Analysis
- Testing techniques and strategies
- Configuration Management
- Creative Thinking
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Willingness to continuously learn and develop
If the candidate does not satisfy all the above criteria, but can demonstrate a good aptitude for learning, cross training to a specific required skill will be provided plus continuing development training opportunities.
Ongoing performance development will be provided to ensure maximum benefit to both the individual and the Business.